The „Nürnberger Bund“ founded 1901 in Nürnberg, Germany on initiative of the entrepreneur Theodor Wieseler and was the first cooperative union of the retailers for „Glass-, Porcelain- und Luxury item“. From 1917 on, the business-branches “house- and kitchenware” and “hardwares”, still came to it.
Die „Nord & Süd” purchase-cooperative for luxury item, porcelain, stoneware, glass, lights, house- and kitchenware was the second-biggest cooperative union und was founded 1904 in Eisenach, Germany.
Both groups worked very successfully. Already before and still after the First World War they joined the reform-endeavors of the „Dürerbund“ and the German „Werkbund“. Under appeal against a morally sound quality-concept, one sought to establish a new merchandise-aesthetics for the craft industry-production.