B. 1916, d.1974, sculptor and modelleur. After training under the sculptor Prof. Otto Poerzel, he was employed from 1950 by Porzellanfabrik Cortendorf, where he remained as head modeller and mould designer until his death. From his hand numerous designs for pieces of sculpture are known as well as the models for a series of ceramic wall masks launched in 1958 with the model no. 3408, which proved enormously popular.